Though it is Navrathri’s 8th day, I am posting the 6th day recipes. Morning I made Malai Laddu and Ven pongal and for evening, I made sundal with peanuts. Malai laddu is one of the sweets which gets so much praise in my home. Whoever I have served it with have liked it. My daughter is a great fan of malai laddu. I had lots of paneer at home, and when I was thinking about a sweet to prepare on Navrathri, I remembered this. I have made it with out the food colour so they turned out white in colour. I also shared it with our neighbour. Ven Pongal is also our family favourite. It is quite easy to make and makes a delicious breakfast. Add lots of cashewnuts for a finger licking experience…
Malai Laddu ( click on link for recipe)
Ven Pongal (click on link for recipe)
Nilakadalai/ Peanuts Sundal
Raw Peanuts-1 cup
Mustard – Urad Dhal-1/2 tsp
Hing/ Asafoetida-a pinch
Curry Leaves-1 sprig
Coriander Leaves-1 tbs
1. Soak peanuts for 30 minutes.
2. Pressure cook them for 3-4 whistles.
3. Drain water and reserve the cooked peanuts.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, urad dhal, hing and curry leaves.
5. Add broken red chilly and then the cooked peanuts.
6. Add salt to taste and saute for 30 seconds.
7. Switch off flame, add coconut and coriander, give a nice stir and serve hot.