For The Caramelized Pineapple Puree:
For The Cake:
Pineapple Puree-1 cup
For The Butter Cream:
Confectioner’s Sugar/ Icing Sugar- 2 cups
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Fresh Grated Coconut-1 cup
For The Pineapple Puree:
1. Remove skin and chop pineapple into small cubes.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan, add the pineapple cubes, sugar and water, cover and cook on low flame for 30 minutes.
3. Now grind it to make a puree. If you want it caramelized as mine, then allow the sugar to change colour.
4. For that, rise flame to high and let the sugar turn golden brown. Remove from pan, cool and grind it.
Preparing The Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Grease and dust an 8″ round cake tin.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add the pineapple puree and mix.
5. Add curd, essence and milk and whisk together until completely incorporated.
6. In another bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
7. Add this to the pineapple butter mixture and mix gently.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes.
9. If the cake browns fast, place a foil on the tin. Placing the foil should be atleast 20 minutes after you place the cake in the oven.
10. When a tooth pick inserted comes out clean, remove from oven and place on counter and let it sit there for 10 minutes.
11. Now flip it onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
1. Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
2. Add icing sugar at regular intervals and beat until creamy.
3. Now add milk and essence and beat until fluffy and creamy.
1. In a pan add the grated coconut and toast until slightly brown and aromatic.
2. I added a few drops of yellow food colour to it before toasting.
3. Let it cool.
Assembling The Cake:
1. Cut the cake into two equal parts.
2. Place one layer on the serving plate.
3. Add some butter cream on top and spread it with a spatula.
4. Sprinkle some toasted coconut on top and place the next layer on top.
5. Now cover the entire cake with butter cream and using a spatula smooth the frosting.
6. Now sprinkle generous amount of toasted coconut on top and the sides to completely cover it with coconut.
7. Allow it to set for an hour before slicing.
8. Slice it up, serve and Enjoy!!!
[inlinkz_linkup id=334689 mode=1]