Recipe Source: Busy Cooks
Caster Sugar-1/2 cup
Flour/ Maida-1 1/4 cups
Baking Powder-1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence-1/2 tsp
Sour Curd-1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add in the curd and milk and vanilla and beat until combined. The mixture may look curdled but it is fine.
4. Sift together flour and baking powder in another bowl.
5. Add it to the butter mixture and fold with a whisk until incorporated. I used the beater’s whisk but do not use the beater. Gently fold in the flour.
6. Pour into a greased and dusted 7 1/2″ square pan.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and place it on counter for 5 minutes.
9. Invert the cake on a wire rack and remove the tin.
10. Let the cake cool before slicing.
11. Slice and serve with a dollop of jam.
Logo courtesy : Preeti