Aval/ Poha/ Flattened Rice-1 cup
Besan/ Gram Flour-1 cup
Onion -1 large
Red Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp ( adjust according to your taste)
Coriander Leaves-3 tbs
Oil- to deep fry
1. Wash ans soak aval in water. The aval must be just immersed in water. Do not add more water.
2. When the aval is soft ( in 5 minutes) grind it to a coarse mixture in a mixer grinder. Do not add water.
3. Take this in a bowl and add besan, salt, chopped onions, coriander leaves and red chilly powder.
4. Mix it well and if the dough is crumbly, add little water to bring it together.
5. The dough should be little crumbly, but you should be able to make a ball out of it.
6. Divide it into 20 equal pieces and shape each into a ball.
7. Heat oil and when hot, place the dough ball in your palm, slightly flatten it and carefully drop it into the oil.
8. Deep fry until both sides are golden.
9. Drain and serve along with chutney or sauce.
Logo courtesy : Preeti
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32 <!– end InLinkz script →