Last month I made New York style pizza and for that I made this sauce. The New York Style pizza sauce is slightly different from the pizza sauce I usually make. And it is very easy to make. It is thicker and has onions in it. Though this tastes good, I prefer the sauce I make to this one. Select tomatoes which are less sour as it tends to make the sauce sour.
Recipe Source: Serious Eats
Extra Virgin Olive Oil-1/2 tbs
Garlic-2 cloves (grated)
Dried Oregano-1 tsp (crushed)
Red Chilly Powder-a pinch
1. Slit the skin of tomatoes with a knife. This will make it easier to peel.
2. Heat water in a bowl. Add the tomatoes and let it boil for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from flame and let it stand for 10 more minutes.
4. Remove the tomatoes from water and allow them to cool.
5. Peel the skin from the tomatoes.
6. Either use a mixer to grind the tomatoes or use a hand mixer to crush them to coarse puree.
7. Heat oil and butter in a pan.
8. Add the onion and garlic and saute for a minute.
9. Add the tomato paste and oregano, salt, red chilly powder and sugar.
10. Let the sauce thicken.
11. Remove from flame and let it cool.
12. Use it on the pizza.