Today is the second day of Blogging Mararthon and I wanted to combine two challenges today. South Vs North Challenge host Shruti challenged the team members with Kesar Pista Kulfi and for the Blogging Marathon’s mini servings theme, I made the kulfi in small cups to make 1/4th of the original size. As this kulfi is loaded with calories, it is best to serve in small portions. I had so many kids at home today and this was a nice treat for all of them. Whenever I visit my In Law’s place my MIL used to buy kulfi from the street vendor when all the kids assembled there. Sruti used to love it. But after MIL passed away, I don’t buy it from the street vendor and I think Shruti misses it. Yesterday she was so happy to see this kulfi loaded with pista. I was so happy that she and my nephews liked it very much. This kulfi is so creamy and delicious with slight crunch from the pistachios. And it is also very easy to make. SO do try at home and I am sure your kids will be pleased. To know more about SNC click here, and to know about Blogging Marathon click here.
Recipe Source: Shruti
Condensed Milk-1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder-a pinch
Saffron-a few strands
Corn Flour-3/4 tbs
Rose Essence-a few drops
1. Mix corn flour in 4 tbs of milk and keep aside.
2. Heat the remaining milk in a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Add condensed milk and sugar and bring it to boil.
4. Remove 1 tbs of this hot milk to a bowl and add the saffron strands. Keep it aside.
5. Let the milk boil until it is reduced to 3/4th.
6. Add the corn flour mixed milk, saffron mixed milk, cardamom powder and chopped pistachios.
7. Keep on stirring the mixture until it thickens.
8. Remove from flame, add the rose essence and allow it to cool completely. Keep on stirring to get rid of skin formation on top.
9. Pour this mixture into small aluminium moulds.
10. Cover with a cling wrap. Freeze the moulds for at least 4 hours.
11. When completely frozen, remove wrap, insert three tooth picks or a ice cream stick into the kulfi.
12. With a sharp knife run along the sides of the mould.
13. Pull the tooth pick gently and lift the kulfi fro the mould.
14. Serve immediately.
Pour the mixture in moulds and cover with cling wrap.
When frozen, insert tooth picks into the centre.
Remove from mould and enjoy!!!