For The Spice Powder:
Coriander Seeds-2 tbs
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
For The Soup:
Oil/ Butter-1 tbs
Ginger-a small piece
Besan/ Gram Flour-1 1/2 tbs
Coconut Milk-1 1/2 cups
Water/ Vegetable Stock-4-5 cups
1. Dry roast all the ingredients given for the spice powder until aromatic.
2. Grind to a fine powder. Keep it aside.
3. Heat oil/ butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
4. Saute onions until golden.
5. Add garlic and cabbage and saute for a minute.
6. Add all the chopped vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Mix besan with 1/4 cup of water.
8. Add this paste, spice powder and 4 cups of water to the vegetables.
9. Once it starts boiling, switch flame to low and let it cook until thew vegetables are tender.
10. With a hand blender, blend the soup to a smooth puree.
11. IF you want the soup to be thick and creamy, you can proceed to next step but if you like it thinner then pass the soup through a sieve.
12. In a pan add the soup along with coconut milk and salt and heat it.
13. When the soup starts boiling, remove from flame and serve hot along with an appetizer and bread sticks.
Some of the Other Soup Recipes at my Space: