Raw Rice/ Ponni Pacharisi-1 cup
Kalkandu/ Rock Candy-1 cup
Cardamom Powder-1/2 tsp
1. Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.
2. In a heavy bottomed vessel, add rice and water. Bring it to boil.
3. Reduce flame to medium and cook until all the water is used up.
4. Now add milk and keep on stirring until the rice is mushy. Keep flame low and cover vessel and cook.
5. When all the milk is absorbed and the rice is mushy, it is ready for the next step.
6. While the rice is cooking, mix rock candy and 1/3 cup of water in another pan and bring it to boil.
7. Switch flame to low and keep on stirring until the candy melts completely.
8. Add this hot syrup to cooked rice and mix well on medium flame.
9. Heat ghee in a separate pan and add cashew and raisins.
10. When golden add it to rice and stir well.
11. Remove from flame. The rice may look little thin but when it cools it comes to correct consistency.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27