Today is the last day of Blogging Marathon #26 Week 1 and for the past two day I have been posting soup and salad recipes. For the third day I prepared this soup according to the theme to cook with a vegetable. Whenever we visit our favourite restaurant- Temple City, the first thing we order is the tomato soup. I have tasted tomato soup in many restaurants but only at Temple City the soup is very delicious. My daughter is a great fan of this soup. I have tried many times to prepare this at home but anyhow I could never nail the taste. When I saw the recipe at Sharmis Passions, I was interested with the recipe. So today I prepared this soup and it tasted just like the soup we order at Temple City. I altered the recipe a little and it tasted awesome.
Beetroot-a small piece
Pepper Powder-1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder-1/4 tsp
Pudina Powder-1/4 tsp
Corn Flour-1-1 1/2 tsp
1. In a pan add water and tomatoes. Bring it to boil.
2. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from water allow the tomatoes to cool. Peel away the skin.
4. In a pressure cooker add the tomatoes, garlic, onion, cloves, cinnamon and beetroot.
5. Add 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
6. After the pressure is released, open the cooker and remove the cloves and cinnamon.
7. Blend it to a smooth puree.
8. Transfer to a bowl.
9. Heat butter in a pan and add corn flour.
10. When colour changes add the pureed tomato, pepper powder, cumin powder, salt and pudina powder.
11. Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding water if necessary.
12. Bring the soup to boil.
13. Simmer and let it boil for 5 minutes.
14. Serve hot with croutons and crackers.
The Other Soup Recipes at Gayathri’s Cook Spot
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#26