All Purpose Flour/ Maida-2 cups
Coconut Milk-3/4 – 1 cup
Oil-To Deep Fry
1. In a bowl mix flour, sugar, salt and ghee.
2. Add coconut milk little by little and knead to make a firm dough.
3. Th esugar will start melting and the dough will become loose, so make a firm dough first and knead to make a soft dough.
4. If you feel that the dough has become very soft, dust flour and knead till you get the perfect soft non sticky dough.
5. Pinch off small balls out of the dough and roll into a thin disc.
6. With a pastry cutter or knife, cut the disc into small squares measureing 1″ *1″.
7. Stick two opposite corners and twist.
8. Then bring the two remaining corners to the back and twist.
9. Twist it tightly so that the kormolas retain shape during frying.
10. Heat oil. When medium hot, turn flame to low and drop some kormolas in the pan.
11. Deep fry until slightly brown.
12. Remove from oil and place on a plate. You can see that the kormolas will get a nice golden colour even after you remove them from the oil.
13. When cool, store in airtight jar and serve during snack time.