For this month’s Baking Partners Challenge Swathi gave three cookie recipes chosen by the members of the group. We are free to try out any recipe within the three. Tina of http://www.pinaycookingcorner.com selected Ultimate Chocolate and Cream Cheese Cookies from Food & Wine Best of the Best Cookbook Recipes Vol. 14. The cookie recipe had eggs in it. So I had to do some substitutions to make it an eggless recipe. I added curd and baking powder instead of eggs and baked some cookies. The dough was very thin and the cookies turned out very flat. So I added extra flour and baked it again. The result was great. The cookies were chewy and very delicious. I also didn’t have the chocolate chips mentioned in the recipe. So I substituted it with white chocolate chips, almond flakes and golden raisins. These cookies stayed good for five days when stored in an airtight jar.
Makes 85 Cookies:
- In a bowl add flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and mix together.
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Add sugar, brown sugar and cream cheese and beat until fluffy.
- Mix curd and baking powder and add it to the butter mixture.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and add it to the butter sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips, almonds and raisins. Add the flour cocoa mixture and mix it with a wooden spoon until you get a sticky dough.
- Cover with a wrap and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours. I refrigerated the dough overnight.
- Remove the dough from oven 15minutes before baking and let it sit on counter.
- Preheat oven to 180`C.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Pinch small portions of the dough, roll it into a ball and place it on the tray.
- Place the balls 2” apart because this cookie spreads.
- Bake for 12-15minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and store in airtight jar.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.