Today is the final day of week three in Blogging Marathon #19. I am posting under cooking with greens and today I prepared this gravy for our lunch. I had a bunch of methi leaves bought from ulavar sandai last week. There was also a cauliflower and so I decided to pair them. I prepared a spice paste out of coconut and some spices to make a thick gravy. It went very well with rice. I served it along with a roasted papad, rasam and curd and we had a hearty lunch.
For The Spice Paste:
For The Gravy:
1. First prepare the spice paste.
2. Heat oil and add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, poppy seeds and saute on low flame until golden.
3. Add red chillies and saute for a minute.
4. Add coconut and saute until golden.
5. Grind this in mixer grinder adding a little water to a fine paste.
6. Heat oil and add onions.
7. Saute until golden. Add tomato.
8. Saute until water content evaporates.
9. Add minced methi leaves and finely cut cauliflower florets.
10. Saute for a minute.
11. Add milk and allow the mixture to cook for 2minutes.
12. Add the spice paste, salt and turmeric powder.
13. Add enough water to make a gravy.
14. Cover and cook on low flame until the florets are tender.
15. Transfer to a serving dish and serve it hot with rice.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#19