Kitchen Basics is very important for every chef. Though the methods are easy they are the basic building blocks for becoming a great chef. It includes lots of simple but important tips. I started this blog to put together the kitchen basics I know. But there are lots and lots of techniques all over the world and this event aims at bringing together all the techniques at a single page.
Now what are you waiting for? Post your kitchen basics in your blog and link it to this post. The basics can be anything. Making of spice powders, dough, batter, preparing vegetables, useful tips for baking and cooking and any basic thing you feel the reader must know. Please go through this blog for a general idea. Though I have given recipes in this blog, avoid sending me recipes. Only techniques and ideas are accepted here.
I am also giving a book to a winner selected by random number generator. The book is 100calorie snacks by Tarla Dalal. It has 32 snack recipes.
Some Important Points To Be Noted:
1. Post the basic technique/ tips in your blog and link it at this page.
2. Please provide a link to this page in your post.
3. You can send me two archived entries but please update the post with the link to event announcement.
4. Any number of new entries can be sent.
5. The techniques must be purely vegetarian and eggless. Preparing eggs and meat are not allowed.
6. Usage of logo is optional but it helps to spread the word.
7. Link it to the linky tool given at the bottom of this post.
8. If you have problem linking, send it to my email ID firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format.
Your Blog’s Name
The post url
9. I will select the winner of the book on September 15th by random number generator. As I can ship only within India, the winner has to provide a mailing address with in India for me to ship.