Today is the first week of Blogging marathon#18, and I am posting under the theme stuffed dishes. Bread rolls are normally stuffed and deep fried savoury snacks. But to make a guilt free version, I pan fried the rolls. For the stuffing I used the sweet potato roast. It was very nice and completely guilt free snack. You can also use whole wheat bread to make the roll nutritious.
Sweet Potato/ Cheenikilangu Varuval-1cup(ground coarsely)
1. In a mixer grinder grind the roast to make a coarse powder. This is the stuffing.
2. Dip a slice of bread in water and immediately remove excess water by pressing the bread between your palms.
3. Keep filling in the middle of the slice.
4. Bring together the sides of the bread and press to seal.
5. Hold it and press it tightly so that it shapes into a roll. Do it gently because the bread will be crumbly.
6. Heat a non stick tawa and drizzle oil.
7. Place all the rolls in it and keep on rolling it until all the sides are crisp and golden.
8. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#18