While searching for a recipe using paasiparuppu for the magic mingle#7, I saw this recipe at Nalini’s blog. I have already tried a paasiparuppu murukku recipe, but this one is quite different. As it was very interesting, I tried it out today. This will be Sruti’s snack for the next few days. When she returned back from school, I served her this murukku and she gave me a thumbs up sign. It is very crunchy and is a perfect combination for the evening coffee. Linking this to Kalyani’s Magic Mingle#7.
Recipe Source: Nalini
Yellow Split Moong Dhal-1/2cup
Pepper Powder-1tsp(adjust according to taste)
Oil-To Deep Fry
1. Wash and soak dhal for 30minutes.
2. Pressure cook with 1cup of water for 2minutes.
3. Open the lid and mash the dhal until mushy.
4. In a bowl, add rice flour, dhal mixture, salt, sesame seeds, pepper powder and butter and mix well.
5. You will get a crumbly mixture.
6. Boil water and add it little by little until you get a soft dough.
7. Take a star plate in the murukku press.
8. Fill it with the dough.
9. On the back of a ladle, press out murukku.
10. Heat oil and add the pressed out murukku.
11. Fry until golden and the sizzling has stopped.
12. Transfer to a plate and allow it to cool.
13. Store in an air tight jar.