Brinjal/ Eggplant- 3nos
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
1. Remove stalk and cut the brinjal into small pieces.
2. Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
3. When they crackle, add the brinjal pieces.
4. Saute for a minute on medium flame.
5. Add turmeric powder and salt.
6. Keep on stirring to avoid sticking to the bottom. But do it gently so as not to break the pieces.
7. When done, add the red chilly powder and coriander powder. Cook for a minute and transfer varuval to a serving dish.
8. Serve hot with rice, rasam and curd.