For the Blog Hop Wednesday this month, I am paired with Nisha of Nisha’s Kitchen. She has a lot of nice recipes in her blog. Whenever I am to to do a recipe from other blog, the first thing I do is look at the baking section. Nisha had these cookies which interested me. The idea of teaspoon cookies sounded good. Then came the browned butter part. This is actually preparing ghee/ clarified butter and allowing it to brown a little and then using it up in the recipe. As I needed a clear butter, I used store bought one instead of home made one. The cookies were very crispy and crunchy. At first I was afraid that adding jam and icing sugar may make them very sweet, but after putting everything together, they were perfect. These are so tiny and you needn’t bite into it. Just pop one into your mouth and enjoy.
7. Take a teaspoon and fill it with the dough mixture. Pat it and smoothen the top.
8.Slightly press the side so that the dough is released from the spoon.
9. Place it flat side down on the tray.
10. Repeat until you fill the tray.
11. Bake for 10-13minutes or when the cookies start browning.
12. Cool on wire rack.
13. Apply jam on the flat side of a cookie.
14. Place another cookie’s flat side on it.
15. Finish of with all the cookies and arrange them on a plate.
16. Dust them with a generous amount of icing sugar.
17. Serve along with a cup of coffee or tea.