Mustard and Urad dhal-1tsp
1. Heat oil and add cumin, mustard and urad dhal.
2. When they crackle, add onion and saute till golden brown.
3. Grind tomatoes, green chilly and coconut to a fine paste.
4. Add this paste to onions and add the spice powders and salt. Add enough water to make the gravy thin.
5. When it starts boiling, cover and simmer for 5minutes.
6. When the raw smell is completely gone, add the pakoras, and switch off stove when it starts boiling.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep it covered for 5 minutes. This will give the pakoras some time to absorb the gravy.
8. Serve hot with rice/ idli/dosa/chappathi.
The remaining pakoras from yesterday’s brunch transformed into this delicious gravy suitable for idli, dosa and rice. I was afraid that my daughter will not eat this. But to my surprise, she liked it very much with her morning dosa and with rice and ghee for her lunch. The pakoras were very soft by absorbing the gravy. When you prepare this, make sure that the gravy is very thin so that after the pakoras absorb you will have some gravy left. This also goes very well with chappathis. It is very simple to prepare and tastes delicious. You can also use store bought pakoras for this gravy.