ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
Today is the first day of Blogging Marathon #12 Group2. I will be posting under the theme Seven Days of Paneer for this whole week. Paneer is produced from milk. Though we get it in stores, home made Paneer is always the best. I prepared both crumbled paneer and paneer pieces for the upcoming week. The details of preparing at home is given here. This is a sweet which uses very less ghee and sugar. I used light brown sugar instead of the usual white refined sugar. I used a non stick pan, so it required only 2tbs ghee. If using any other pan you can increase the amount by another 2tbs. The burfi tasted awesome.
Light Brown Sugar-100gm
1.Combine paneer, milk powder, brown sugar, milk, coconut and cardamom powder in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. The sugar will start melting and the mixture will come to a boil.
3. Stir the mixture continuous on low flame until it becomes dry.
4. Add ghee and give a nice stir.
5. Grease a round cake tin or a plate with ghee.
6. Pour the contents into the tin or plate and even out the surface with the help of a spoon.
7. Carefully apply the silver varq on the mixture and allow it to cool.
8. Cut into wedges and serve.