For The Koftas:
Grated Bottle Gourd/ Lauki/ Suraikai-1cup
Red Chilly Powder-1/4tsp
Black Sesame Seeds-1tsp
Besan/ Kadalai Mavu/ Chick pea Flour-2-3tbs
Oil-For Deep Frying
For The Gravy:
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
Fennel Seeds/ Sombu-1tsp
1. Soak the moong dhal for 2hours.
2. Drain water completely and grind it a coarse paste without adding water.
3. Add the spinach crumbs, sesame, turmeric, besan and grated bottle gourd.
4. Add salt to taste and mix everything together.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Make lemon sized balls out of the dough and deep fry them on medium flame.
6. When brownish in colour, remove from oil and keep it aside. I got 12 koftas for the given ingredients.
7. Heat 2tbs oil in a pan and saute onion, tomato, garlic and green chillies.
8. When tomatoes are cooked, add little water and bring it to boil.
9. Remove from fire and when cool grind it to a fine paste.
10. Heat remaining oil and splutter fennel, cinnamon, cardamom and clove. Add the paste and add in all the spice powders, turmeric powder and salt.
11. Add water to make the gravy thin. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
12. Drop in the koftas, simmer and cover the pan. Let it cook for 5-8minutes.
13. Sprinkle the sugar on top of the gravy and koftas.
14. Garnish with spinach spirals and serve hot with roti or naan.
|add all the ingredients for kofta|
|Mix it well to for a dough|
|Make balls and deep fry them|
|Remove from oil when golden|