Pepper Powder-1tsp(adjust according to taste)
1. Wash the leaves and add a tomato and a cup of water and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
2. Drain the soup and keep it aside. Discard pulp.
3. Heat a tbs butter and saute the finely chopped mushrooms until done. Keep it aside.
4. In the same pan, add remaining butter and corn flour. Stir until frothy.
5. Add the vegetable stock in small amounts, continuously stirring to avoid the formation of lumps.
6. Add the drumstick leaves soup, salt, pepper powder, fennel powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder.
7. Allow it to boil for 2-3minutes. Add the mushrooms and switch off stove. Serve hot.
Sending this to Healthy Diet-Warm Soups by Priya.
Clear Mushroom Soup
As I have mentioned earlier, PK likes clear soups. I prepared this totally healthy soup today using drumstick leaves and mushroom. I also had 2 cups of vegetable stock and I used it for this flavourful soup. The soup with crunchy mushrooms was a nice variation of the usual drumstick leaves soup.