Recipe Source: Joy Of Baking
Powdered Sugar 1/2cup for Topping
1. Blanch almonds, peel skin. Place on a foil lined baking tray and bake at 180C until light brown.
2. Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
3. Add 2tbs flour from the 2cups of flour to the almonds and powder it in a mixer grinder.
4. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla essence.
5. Add salt to the flour ( 2cups-2tbs).
6. Mix the flour with the butter and stir in the almond powder.
7. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
8. Line a baking tray with butter paper.
9. Preheat oven to 180C.
10. Pinch out 1″ balls out of the dough.
11. Roll it into a tight ball and place it on the tray 2″ apart.
12. Bake for 12-15minutes or the base of the cookie starts browning.
13. Carefully remove the cookies with the butter paper on to a flat surface.
14. Sift powdered sugar on top of the cookies with a strainer.
15. Allow it to cool thoroughly.
16. Store in airtight jar.
17. Serve along with a cup of coffee.
|Make 1″ balls and place 2″ apart|
|Bake for 12-15minutes|
|Top with powdered sugar|