1. Pressure cook potatoes, peel skin and mash them.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add onion, garlic and green chillies and saute till golden.
3. Add all the spice powders and salt and saute for a minute.
4. Add the mashed potato and give a nice stir.
5. Add the chopped cilantro and switch off stove.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot
Today is the fifth day of the week long Blogging Marathon#11. I prepared the famous side dish of Bihar today. It is very simple to prepare and very delicious. Biharis use it as an accompaniment with litti or roti. There are so many methods of preparing choka. While I searched the net, I really got confused seeing so many preparations. Then I selected a basic recipe and tried it and it came out nice.