Today is the sixth day of Blogging Marathon#9 and I prepared this tasty gravy for the breakfast to go with dosas. This is a popular chettinad breakfast item. The main ingredient is onion and the gravy is coconut based. The gravy is very simple but tasty. We had a delicious breakfast.
Mustard and Urad dhal-1tsp
Curry Leaves-a sprig
1. Grind coconut, cumin, fennel, red chilly and poppy seeds to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil and splutter mustard, urad dhal, hing and curry leaves.
3. Add the finely chopped onions and tomatoes and saute until the onions become translucent.
4. Add the paste, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Add enough water to make a thin gravy. Bring it to boil.
6. Cover and cook on low flame until the gravy thickens.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve along with dosa or idli.