Almonds-50gm (blanched and peeled)
Oil-For deep frying
1. Roast blanched, peeled and sliced almonds. Add the sesame seeds and roast till golden brown.
2. Grind it to a fine powder.
3. Add the almond mix, baking powder, salt, yeast, cinnamon, anise to flour and mix well.
4. Add vinegar, butter and olive oil and mix well.
5. Add enough water to prepare a soft dough.
6. Knead it for 10minutes.
7. Divide the dough into 6 balls.
8. While working with one portion, keep others covered.
9. Roll the dough into a thin square roughly measuring 15cm*15cm.
10. With the help of a pastry cutter trim the sides to make a square.
11. Cut the square into 4 equal squares.
12. In each square make 4 slits with the cutter leaving 1.2cm along the sides.
13. Shape chebakia as shown.
14. Heat oil. Fry the chebakias on medium high until golden brown.
15. Heat honey and add rose essence.
16. Dip the fried hot chebakias in warm honey and let it stay there for 2 minutes.
17. Remove from honey and arrange on a plate. Sprinkle some roasted sesame on top.
18. Allow it to cool thoroughly.
19. Serve and Enjoy.
|Roast almonds and sesame seeds and grind|
|Add all the dry ingredients|
|Mix the liquids and some water to prepare a soft dough|
|Divide into 6 equal portions|
|Roll out and trim the sides|
|Cut into 4 equal squares and make slits on each square|
|The square must look like this|
|Insert your forefinger into the slits as shown.|
|Bring the two ends together and pinch to seal|
|Bring the pinched end through the slits and pinch ends.|
|Arrange on a palte|
|Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown|
|Dip in warm honey|
|Arrange on a plate and sprinkle roasted sesame on it|