Rava / Sooji-1/2cup
1. Add 1/8cup of ghee and add 1/8cup broken cashew.
2. Roast until golden. Add the rava to it.
3. Saute till golden.
4. Add in the milk, cardamom powder and food colour.
5. When it starts boiling, switch flame to medium because it splutters a lot. Keep on stirring until the rava absorbs all the milk.
6. Add sugar and mix well.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil and switch off flame.
8. Heat the remaining ghee and roast the remaining cashew.
9. Add it to the kesari and give a nice stir.
10. Let it cool down a little before serving.
11. When switching off flame, the kesari will resemble a thick batter, but after cooling it will come to the correct consistency.
Rava Kesari (With Milk)
This is another type of Rava Kesari which I prepare often for neivedhyam in poojas. To make the kesari so soft, I use milk. It is mildly sweet and very rich in taste. Yesterday I prepared this for the pooja. My daughter liked it a lot.