Red Chilly Flakes-1tbs
Yogurt / Curd-2tbs
1. Cream sugar and butter together.
2. Add curd and mix well.
3. Mix flour, salt sugar, red chilly flaked and dill.
4. Mix the flour mixture to butter.
5. Prepare a crumbly dough. Do not over knead.
6. Preheat oven to 160C.
7. Roll out the dough into a circle of 1/4″ thickness.
8. Cut cookies with a cutter and arrange on a baking tray lined with foil(grease the foil lightly)
9. Bake for 18-20minutes. The top will not change colour but the base will become brownish.
10. Cool on wire rack and store in an air tight jar.
11. Enjoy with a cup of tea.
Savory Shortbread Cookies / Iyengar Bakery Khara Biscuits
For this month’s ICC Challenge Srivalli chose these savory biscuits from Champa’s Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen . These cookies were so nice. We had some and I packed the remaining to my hubby’s office. They were all gone in no time. Thank you Champa for the wonderful recipe.