Today I am happy to announce my next event. This time I am guest hosting the famous CWS (Cooking With Seeds) started by Priya of Priya’s Easy and Tasty Recipes.
When I started my blog last September, I was browsing through Priya’s blog. I am one of her greatest fans. I saw the hosting schedule of the CWS event, which had a blank against June 2011. So I just contacted Priya to request her to let me host the event. I didn’t know anything about events or event hosting at that time. I thought that I will learn about it in 8 months so that I can guest host it. Even Priya had confidence in me and she readily agreed. Thank You so much Priya.
I was searching for the theme. At the stores near my home, they started stacking up Pumpkin Seeds and when I saw that, I thought of using it for the event. I asked Priya about it and again she agreed for the theme. These seeds are very nutritious and they are also called as Pepita in Spanish. These are mostly used in Mexican cuisine. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds is also a famous snack. To know more about benefits of pumpkin seeds go here and here.
I have posted some recipes using these seeds in my previous posts. Try incorporating these tasty seeds in cakes, rotis, biscuits, cookies and ice creams. The seeds can also be ground to a fine powder and added with APF to prepare baked goods. You can also use it in our traditional recipes for an interesting twist. Please be creative while using these seeds in your dish. Create any dish with these seeds and send me your beautiful innovations to me. I will post the round up during July.
Priya designed the logo for the event . Please link my announcement page in your post along with the logo to spread the word.
Simple Rules to send your entries:
1. Prepare anything vegetarian.
2. Please avoid eggs because this is an egg free blog.
3. Link your post to my event announcement page and Priya’s announcement page.
4. Archieved posts are also accepted. Please update it with the event announcement link.
5. Any number of entries are accepted.
6. Please send me a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
Your Blog’s Name
URL of the dish
7. You don’t have to send the photo. I will take it from your blog while posting the round up.
Some of the dishes I prepared with Pumpkin Seeds:
1. Crispy Strawberry Rolls: