Paneer-Prepared from 1 litre milk
Ginger Garlic Paste-3tbs
Red Chilly Powder-2tsp
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Cinnamon-1 small stick
1. In a pan, heat 1tbs butter and splutter cloves, fennel seeds and cinnamon.
2. Add cashew and fry till golden brown.
3. Add 1 onion chopped and saute till golden brown.
4. Add ginger and garlic paste and saute till raw smell vanishes.
5. Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute on low flame till they are mashed.
6. Add red chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Add little water.
7. Cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
8. Allow it to cool. Grind it to a fine paste.
9. Cut paneer into 1″ cubes and fry in oil till golden brown.
10. Drop fried paneer pieces into a bowl of water. This will keep paneer pieces soft. Otherwise they will harden.
11. Heat remaining butter and add the remaining onion. Saute till golden brown.
12. Add the paste and curd. Add salt to taste.
13. When it starts boiling add the fried paneer pieces and garam masala.
14. Switch flame to low and close the pan with a lid.
15. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in between to avoid burning.
16. Crush kasuri methi between palms and add it to the gravy.
17. When it comes to the correct consistency, switch off flame.
18. Serve hot with roti or naan.
Paneer Butter Masala
This has been lying in my draft folder for a long time. I prepared Butter Naan along with this delicious masala when my sister visited me. I prepared paneer at home and it came out very tasty. Those who try store bought paneer in your recipes, please try home made paneer once and you will never go for store bought ones again. It is that much nice.