This is the first time I am taking part in the 4 Velveteers group. Aparna chose Rasgolla and rasmalai for this month’s challenge. As I have posted both the recipes earlier, Aparna suggested to prepare any dish using rasgollas. When I saw Sanjeev Kapoor preparing this amarkhand, I decided that I will prepare this for this month’s challenge. It was extremely tasty and we all enjoyed it. Thank you Aparna for choosing this extremely delicious recipe.
- Deskin and cut mangoes to small pieces.
- Line a sieve with a thin muslin and pour curd into it.
- Keep this in fridge until the water content has completely drained. You will get very thick curd. This is hung curd.
- In a mixer grinder, blend the mango pieces to a fine pulp.
- Add the hung curd, sugar, cardamom powder and fresh cream and blend well.
- Refrigerate this until serving time.
- Prepare rasgollas. Follow this recipe for perfect rasgollas. Here I prepared mini rasgollas. For 1 litre milk I got 80 mini rasgollas.
- Half an hour before serving, in each glass bowl take 6 rasgollas.
- Top it with a generous portion of mango amarkhand. Drizzle some sugar syrup on top.
- Garnish with sliced pistas.
- Refrigerate and serve.
For the detailed recipe of Rasgollas follow the link