- Wash and cut bitter gourd into thin slices.
- Boil water, switch off stove and soak the sliced bitter gourd for 1 hour.
- Spread a clean cloth on your terrace and spread the bitter gourd pieces.
- Grind green chillies and asafetida to a smooth paste.
- Add salt and the green chilly paste to curd and mix well.
- In the evening, add the bitter gourd pieces to the curd mixture and let it sit overnight.
- The next day, remove the bitter gourd pieces from the curd and spread on large plates. Keep it on the terrace to dry.
- In evening add the dried pieces to the remaining curd and mix well. Again let it sit overnight.
- The next day, there will be no curd left.
- Dry the bitter gourd pieces in sun for 2-3 days until they are completely dry.
- Store in airtight container.
- Deep fry in hot oil and relish with curd rice.
Check out my Blogging Marathoners doing Group 3 BM#4 along with me
Diabetes Diet/Management: Kamalika, Smitha, Suma
Kid Friendly Recipes: Anusha, Cool Lassi(e)
Seven Days of Soup: Priya Suresh
Seven Days of Indian Bread: Jayasree, Pavani
Seven Days of Cakes: Priya Vasu
Seven Days of Preserves: Gayathri Kumar, Vaishali
30 Minutes Meals: Priya Mahadevan, Srivalli