I saw this delicious cake at Prathiba’s blog. Yesterday I tried it out and it came out so nice. It was so soft and the texture of the cake was great. The orange flavor is surely a winner. Prathiba had asked to add 1/2cup of orange juice but for my mix it was not enough, so I added extra 1/4cup. We all enjoyed it so much. My daughter liked the orange flavour a lot.
Recipe Source: The Chef and Her Kitchen Blog
Melted Butter-1/2cup(at room temp)
Fresh Orange Juice-3/4cup
Granulated sugar-1 1/2tsp
Orange Zest from one orange
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease and dust a 8″ cake tin.
3. In a wide bowl, add butter and beat it with a hand mixer for 1 minute.
4. Add condensed milk and beat till smooth.
5. Add the juice and blend it well.
6. Now remove the mixer. Add the essence and mix it well with a wooden spoon.
7. Mix maida, baking powder and baking soda.
8. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix it slowly till the flour has incorporated into the liquid.
9. Do not over mix. Add the zest and mix.
10. Pour into the prepared tin.
11. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Check the cake at 25 minutes.
12. When a toothpick inserted comes out clean, remove the cake from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
13. Invert the cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
14. Cut into thin slices and serve with tea.