Recipe Source: Manjula
1. Grind sugar to fine powder.
2. Beat butter until creamy and add sugar.
3. Beat it till smooth.
4. Mix wheat flour, almonds, cardamom powder and salt.
5. Add to the butter mixture and knead. Add milk to form a soft dough.
6. Pinch dough into small portions.
7. Roll into small balls and flatten the balls.
8. Line a baking tray with foil.
9. Arrange the flattened cookies on the tray.
10. Preheat oven to 180C.
11. Bake until the side starts changing colour. It will take 7-12 minutes depending upon the size of the cookie and type of oven. So stay near the oven until done.
12. Remove from oven and let it stay in the tray for 5 minutes.
13. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
14. Store in airtight container. It stays good even after 1 week without refrigeration.
Wheat Almond Cookies
For this month’s Sweet Punch Ria chose these easy cookies from Manjula’s Kitchen. I have prepared these cookies before with walnuts. But the cookies were very sweet. So I reduced the quantity of sugar this time and they came out perfect. My daughter loved it. I prepared them as mini cookies, because my daughter loves anything tiny. The cookies had a rich taste due to the almonds and butter. Thank You Ria for such a wonderful recipe.
This is the fifth day of the blogging marathon and take a look into my fellow bloggers for many interesting recipes.
30 Minutes Meals: Gayathri Anand
Baked Goods: Monika,
For On Going Events: Usha