For the Papad:
Water-to prepare dough
Oil-For deep frying
For the Filling:
Cashew-10(broken to tiny pieces)
1. Mix salt and flour. Add water and prepare a soft dough(chapathi dough consistency)
2. Cover and keep it aside for 15minutes.
3. Heat ghee and fry the cashew till golden brown. Add coconut and give a quick stir and switch off flame.
4. Powder fried gram and sugar in a mixer. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
5. Divide the dough into 12 portions.
6. Roll each ball into a circle. This should be very thin.
7. To make a circle which does not stick to the rolling board, apply little oil on the board and pin.
8. With a fork prick on the surface. We don’t want the papad to puff up.
9. Heat oil. Gently place the papad on the oil. This again prevents puffing.
10. Turn and fry the other side also.
11. The papad should not change colour and it should not become crisp.
12. Place the papad on a plate. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
13. Place 3tbs of filling along one side of papad and roll it fast.
14. Arrange on a serving plate.
15. Repeat with all the dough balls.
16. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of polis and serve.
17. The polis were soft when hot but once they cool down they will become some what chewy.
18. The next day they were crispy and tasted great.
19. Roll the poli when the papad is hot. That is the trick of getting great poli.
|Prepare equal sized balls|
|Roll into thin papad and prick with a fork|
|Fry in oil(avoid puffing)|
|Sprinkle sugar and keep the filling on one side|
|Roll it fast|
|Arrange on serving plate and sprinkle powdered sugar|
|You can see the filling in this|