For the rolls:
Mint Leaves-1cup(firmly packed)
For the Spread:
Tamarind-a small piece(size of a small pebble)
1. Heat oil and add all the ingredients listed out for spread. Saute till water evaporates.
2. Grind it to a paste with little water and keep aside.
3. For the rolls: Mix wheat flour, salt, baking powder.
4. Grind mint leaves along with chillies and garlic without adding water.
5. Mix starter, honey, olive oil and the mint mixture.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. You will get a sticky dough.
7. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
8. Apply oil on your palms. Pimch small portions from dough and roll into a ball. Slightly flatten it.
9. Arrange on the tray. I got 22 mini rolls.
10. Preheat oven to 200C.
11. Bake for 15 minutes or till the side starts changing colour.
12. Remove from oven.
13. Slice each roll into two and apply generous portion of spread on the bottom layer.
14. Keep the top portion and serve hot as an evening snack along with coffee.
Mini Mint Rolls With Mint Spread