Recipe Source: Mike
Sesame seeds-for topping
1. Mix all the ingredients to prepare a dense dough. If the water is not enough add a tbs extra water to bring the flour together.
2. Knead it for 10minutes on the counter till the dough is soft and elastic.
3. Cover the bowl with dough with a wrap and keep it aside for 2 hours. As this dough is very dense, it will hardly rise. Do not panic. That is what happens. When you press the dough with your finger, the dough should not spring back. Then it is ready for the shaping.
4. As it does not rise, you don’t have to punch the dough.
5. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
6. Roll each part into a 10″ long rope.
7. Bring both ends together below your palm.
8. Roll to seal the edges.
9. Shape all the 4 bagels.
10. Place on a greased tray, cover with wrap and refrigerate overnight.
11. In the morning, boil water in a wide pot.
12. Drop the bagel, one at a time.
13. It will immerse, stay there for 15-20seconds and then will come to the top.
14. Let it boil for 1 minute.
15. Flip and let the other side cook for 1 minute.
16. Take sesame seeds on a plate.
17. Take the bagel from boiling water and place the top side of the bagel on the seeds.
18. Grease a tray and place the topped bagel on the tray.
19. Repeat this for all the bagels.
20. Preheat oven to 250C.
21. Bake the bagels for 20minutes or till the crust is golden brown.
22. Cool on wire rack and enjoy.
|Mix every thing to form a dense dough|
|After kneading for 10 minutes|
|Place in a bowl and cover with wrap|
|Slightly risen dough|
|Divide into 4 parts|
|Roll into a 10″ long rope|
|Bring ends below palm and roll to seal the edges|
|Place on tray and refrigerate|
|The next day, slightly bigger in size|
|Drop in boiling water. It will go to bottom|
|It will float after 15-20seconds|
|After boiling both sides, place on sesame seeds|
|Place on tray|
|Cool on rack|