This is the favourite dish for me and my hubby. We love to have it with hot rice. It tastes divine. It has a slight bitter taste and goes very well with rice. This bitter gourd resembles the head of tiny sparrow. So the name.
Kurivi Thalai Pavakkai(Baby Bitter Gourd) Vadhakkal
Kuruvi Thalai Pavakkai/ Baby Bitter Gourd-250gm
Sambar powder-1 1/2tsp
Curry leaves-1 sprig
1. Cut both ends of the bitter gourd and wash.
2. Heat oil and splutter mustard and urad dhal. Add curry leaves.
3.Add finely chopped onion and saute till golden brown.
4. Add the bitter gourd and saute for 1 minute. Add 1/2cup of water and the powders.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Cover the pan with lid and let it simmer until the water is fully absorbed and oil floats.
7. Make sure that the bitter gourd is cooked and switch off flame.
8. Serve hot with rice.