Recipe Source: rwood
Very Cold Butter-1/3cup+1tbs
Homemade Pumpkin Puree-1cup
Powdered Mace-a pinch
1. Take the flour on the counter. Add the cold butter on top of it. Mix it with finger tips. Once all the butter is completely incorporated into the flour, add 2tbs water to bring everything together.
2. Make the dough into flat disc, wrap it in a plastic wrap and keep it in a fridge for 15minutes.
3. Mix all the ingredients given for the filling in a bowl.
4. Roll out the dough into a flat circle on the wrap.
5. Grease a circular 6″cake tin(as I didn’t have a pie mould, I used the cake tin) with butter.
6. Place the rolled out dough carefully into the tin.( the dough is extremely brittle) Patch it up if necessary.
7. Trim the edge and make impressions along the edge with a fork.
8. Fill it with the prepared filling.
9. Cover with an aluminium foil. This is to avoid blackening of the crust and the top of filling.
10. Preheat oven to 200C.
11. Bake the pie for 15 minutes.
12. Reduce temperature to 175C and continue baking for 1 hour.
13. Remove from oven and let it cool.
14. Slowly invert on your hand and flip it again fast and place it on a serving plate.
15. Cut into pieces and serve.
|Take butter,flour and salt on counter.
|Mix with fingertips until the flour resembles crumbs
|Add water and bring the dough together
|Flatten into a disc and cover with wrap and refrigerate
|Roll on the wrap
|transfer to the tin, trim and decorate edges
|Fill with the pumpkin filling (I used two small tart moulds for the extra dough)
This is the sixth day of the week long marathon we are running. Check out the 26 blogger friends running along with me!