As I have a box full of pureed pumpkin, I am trying out various recipes with it. I prepared these cookies for my hubby. As Valentine’s Day is nearing, I shaped them into little hearts decorated with pumpkin seeds. I actually over baked the cookies. So the colour of the cookies has become slightly brown. If you are trying these cookies then remove it once the base changes colour. These cookies have a crispy crust and a soft interior. Be careful with the baking time. Otherwise the cookies will turn hard. I am talking from experience. The first batch I prepared came out so nice. But I thought of making the cookies crisp. So I over baked the next batch. They came out somewhat hard. Any how my hubby liked it, so I am happy.
Recipe Source: Dimitrana’s Blog
- Powder sugar in a mixer.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and mix well.
- Now add the puree, extract and 3tbs oil and prepare a smooth dough.
- If the dough is very dry then add remaining oil.
- Roll out the dough into a circle using a rolling pin. Let the circle be ¼”thick.
- Cut into desired shapes. Decorate it with pumpkin seeds. Press it to embed the seeds into the cookies. This way, the seeds will not fall off after baking.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Bake the cookies till the base changes colour.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Check out the 26 blogger friends running for the Blogging Marathon this week!