I just wanted to prepare a nutritious cutlet for yesterday’s evening snack. I usually bake my cutlets. Very afraid of deep frying them. Had some palak puree left from an earlier project, and had lots of green peas. So I decided on this cutlet. It was very yummy. We had it with tomato sauce. It had a crisp crust and a very soft interior. Hubby liked it a lot and the plate was emptied in less than 15 minutes. It is a very light snack. Sending this to Food Pallette Green at Torview, CWF-Oats by Priya and started by Kiran, Winter Warmers by Veggie Hut, Kid’s Delight-Street Food by Srivalli and Fast Food not Fat Food at Now Serving
1. Boil palk leaves with little water. Grind it to a fine puree.
2. Grind peas, green chillies and fennel seeds to a coarse paste adding palak puree.
3. Dry roast pumpkin seeds and let it cool.
4. Peel and grate the potato. Filter the liquid.
5. Add 1/4cup oats, grated potato, pumpkin seeds and chat masala to the peas paste.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Mix corn flour to the mixture.
8. In a pan, heat 1tbs oil and add the prepared mixture and cook till it leaves the side of the pan.
9. Switch off flame and allow it to cool.
10. Grind 1/4cup oats to a coarse powder.
11. Divide the dough into 10 equal balls.
12. Shape them into cutlets and roll them in the oats powder to coat them evenly.
13. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Apply 1tbs oil on the foil and arrange the cutlets on the tray.
14. Drizzle the remaining oil on the cutlets.
15. Preheat oven to 175C.
16. Bake the cutlets for 10minutes.
17. Flip all the cutlets and bake them again for another 10-15 minutes.
18. Serve hot with sauce or mint chutney.
Check out my Blogging Marathon buddies in action! Srivalli, Priya Suresh, Jay, Monika, PJ, Priya Vaasu, Azeema, Reva, Ayeesha, Usha, Veena & Soumya.