I saw this recipe at vahrevah.com. It is a crispy andhra style uthappam. As I am on diet I couldn’t make it crispy. It needs a pan full of oil to make one roti crisp. And I could never do that. So I made a soft roti with a layer of oats to make it healthier. I am sending this to Akila’s Dish Name Starts With D and Priya’s CWF-Oats started by Kiran
Ginger- a small piece
1. Soak rice and urad dhal for 3 hours.
2. Grind it with green chillies and ginger.
3. Add very little water to prepare a soft, coarse and sticky dough. Don’t make batter out of it.
4. Add salt and onions. At this stage you can also add grated carrots or any veggie of your choice to make it more colourful.
5. Heat a tawa and grease it with a tsp oil.
6. Wet your hand and take a hand full of the dough and press it to form a circular roti. Be careful because you are shaping it on hot oil.
7. Spread a layer of oats and press it with the back of a spoon.
8. Drizzle little oil along the outer circumference.
9. When the roti is done on one side, flip it to the other side.
10. When cooked, serve it hot with any chutney.
To view the original recipe go here