White Channa / Chole-1cup
Red chilly powder-1tsp(add more if you want it hot)
Chole masala-1 1/2tsp
Ginger-1 small piece
1. Soak chole overnight and pressure cook them in the morning.
2. In a pan heat 2tbs oil and add finely chopped garlic and ginger.
3. Then add onion and saute till translucent.
4. Add tomatoes and 1/4cup of cooked chole.
5. When the tomatoes are cooked grind the mixture to a fine paste.
6. In the same pan heat the remaining oil and splutter fennel, cloves and cinnamon.
7. Add the cooked chole and saute for 1 minute.
8. Add the paste and the masala powders with salt and turmeric powder. Add water to give it the gravy consistency.
9. Cook on low flame till the the raw smell of the masala powders vanish.
10. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
This is an yummy gravy which goes well with all Indian breads. This is mostly paired with bature.