Maangai / Mango Saadam
CTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
This is a one pot meal which can be taken with a papad or vadagam. I wanted to prepare this saadam for a long time but couldn’t get raw mango in store. Now as mangoes are sold in the nearby store I just grabbed it for this easy dish. Every one loved it.
Mango -1(remove skin and grate it)
Mustard and Urad dhal-2tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add channa dhal and roast it till golden in colour.
- Splutter mustard, urad dhal, hing and curry leaves.
- Add red chillies and turmeric powder.
- When roasted add mango and salt and sauté till the raw smell of mango is gone.
- In a wide basin take the cooked rice and add the mango mixture on top.
- Mix slowly without breaking the rice.
- Once mixed thoroughly transfer to serving dish.
- Enjoy with papad or vadagam.