This is a bookmarked recipe from US masala of Aipi. She has a lovely blog. When she posted this recipe I wanted to try this. It came out great. It was a very new dish to me. This is a Rajasthani dish. In the original recipe aipi uses many kinds of dhal. But I used what was available in my kitchen. She also uses vegetables in dhal. As I didn’t have any veggies at that time, I simply prepared a plain version. Next time when I do this I will stick to the original version. I am sending this to Bookmarked recipes by Aipi and Priya Mithrawal.
Channa Dhal, Toor Dhal, Moong Dhal-3tbs each
Ginger garlic paste- 2tsp
Red chilly powder-1tsp
Mustard and urad dhal-1tsp
Onion-1 finely chopped
Green Chilly-1 finely chopped
1. Mix all ingredients for baati and add enough water to prepare a firm dough.
2. Make lemon sized balls and shape them little flat.
3. Arrange on a greased tray and bake it in a preheated oven(180C) for 30-35 minutes Or till the crust is golden brown.
4. Soak the dhals for 1 hour and pressure cook with turmeric powder till done.
5. Heat oil and add onion. Saute till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.6. Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and hing.
6. Add daal. Heat ghee and add the ingredients for seasoning. When splutters add it to daal.
7. Cut baati in the middle and apply ghee. Serve with yummy daal.
To view the original recipe click here. Thank You Aipi.