This is a very simple pulao. I had some sprouted chole in the fridge. Just thought of adding it to the regular pulao recipe. It was nice. We had it with pomegranate raitha and onion raitha. This can be prepared within half an hour.
Sprouted Chole Pulao
Coriander and mint leaves- a handful
Ginger- a small piece
Salt- to taste
1. Pressure cook sprouted chole and drain water. Do not waste water. It can be used for cooking the rice.
2. Grind coriander leaves, mint, garlic, ginger, green chillies and masala items to a fine paste.
3. Grind tomatoes to a fine paste.
4. Heat 1tbs oil and add cumin. When splutters add finely chopped onion and saute till golden brown.
5. Add the green paste and saute till the raw smell is gone and oil is separated.
6. Add tomato paste and cook well. When water is fully evaporated add chole, salt and water.
7. When water boils add rice and cook it on low flame. I cooked it in a open pan, so I used 4 cups of water. If using pressure cooker add 3 cups.
8. When the rice is 3/4th done add 1 tbs ghee and mix well.
9. Cover the pan and let it simmer till done.
10. Serve hot with raitha of your choice.