This is a simple type of payasam which uses jaggery. I am sending this to Celebrate Sweets – Kheer event hosted by ayeesha of Taste of Pearl City and started by Niveditha
1. Roast sooji in 1 tsp ghee until golden.
2. Boil water and add sooji to it. Cook well.
3. Add milk and bring it to boil.
4. Add grated jaggery and cardamom powder and let it boil for 5 minutes.
5. Heat remaining ghee and roast cashew till golden brown.
6. Add this to the payasam and switch off flame.
7. The payasam should be of running consistency when hot because when it cools it becomes thick.
8. Serve hot or cold.