The gravy is from my MIL’s kitchen
Ingredients For Gravy:
Peerkangai (Ridge Gourd)-2
Mustard, cumin and urad dhal -For seasoning.
Cilantro – For garnishing
1. Prepare a paste of coconut and 1 tomato in a mixer grinder.
2. Heat oil and add mustard, urad dhal and cumin. When splutters add onion.
3. When golden brown add tomatoes and ridge gourd pieces. Saute them till the water evaporates.
4. Add the coconut paste, turmeric, sambhar powder and salt to taste.
5. Add enough water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
6. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with cilantro.