This is a very easy recipe which can be prepared within 15 minutes and tastes great. This is a rich sweet suitable for festivals. Everyone will love it. I faced a problem when preparing this. I transferred the hot mixture
onto a plate very early and when it cooled down it resembled kaju halwa. Then again I shifted it to a pan and stirred well until it was thick. This time it came out well. Though the shape of the katli is not so professional, it tasted great.I am sending this to Festive Foods – Sweet / Savory versions hosted by Veggie Platter and started by Sharmi
1. Soak cashew in water for 5 minutes and grind it to a thick paste.
2. Add sugar, cashew paste and 1 tbs water in a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Add ghee. Do not stop stirring.Stir well until the mixture leaves the sides.
4. Transfer to a plate greased with ghee.
5. Smooth the top with a spoon and cut it into desired shape when the mixture is still hot. ( If the mixture does not harden don’t panic. Just put it on flame once again. )
6. When cool, store in air tight container or serve immediately.
|My first attempt which resembled halwa|
|The perfect katli|