My mom used to prepare this for us. We all loved this. It is a simple dish and tastes great. You can have it with tomato ketchup or green chutney. This will sure be a hit. I have given potato masala for stuffing but you could be creative. Prepare stuffing with paneer or mixed vegetables or minced soya. It will surely taste good.
Oil-for deep frying
1. Remove sides in bread slices.
2. Pressure cook potatoes, peel and mash them.
3. Heat oil, splutter cumin seeds.
4. Add onions and saute till golden brown.
5. Add mashed potatoes, sambar powder, salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Saute till the raw smell of sambar powder is gone. Switch off flame.
7. Take a bread slice and dip it in water. Remove it immediately and crush it in your palms to remove excess water. Be careful while dipping. If water absorbed is more then the cutlets will absorb more oil when frying. 8. Keep the stuffing in the centre and close the sides. Shape it into oblong cylinders.
9. Deep fry till golden brown.
10. Serve hot with sauce or green chutney.
|Cut the sides of the bread slice|
|Stuff the wet bread slice|
|Shape it to oblong cylinders|
|Deep fry and serve with sauce|
|The trimmed sides can be deep fried and given to kids|