These are yummy cake balls coated with chocolate. I came across this recipe in an You tube video. I tried it once and it became a hit in my home.My daughter who is 3 1/2 years old loves these cake balls. I am sending this to KID’S DELIGHT EVENT started by Srivalli. I am also sending this to Virtual Party-Chocolaty Dreams hosted bySabitha Karthigeyan of From My Home Kitchen
I have done it so many times that I have become an expert. Hope you will also like it and you can win hearts with this special gift.
Cake-250gm (the recipe I have given for Peanut butter cup cake will make a 500gm cake. You could prepare a cake with half the given measurements or you can buy a cake from a bakery)
Butter cream Frosting-1/2 cup(beat 1/2 cup butter with 2 cups of icing sugar and 1 tbs of milk)
Compound Chocolate(Milk/White/Dark)- 200gm
1. Break the cake into small pieces.
2. Prepare crumbs by grinding it in a mixer grinder or food processor.
3. Add 1/2 cup of butter cream and mix well.
4. Make small balls with it.
5. Keep it in fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Melt chocolate in a double boiler (Keep a vessel with water on flame and keep a smaller vessel with the chocolate pieces inside the bigger vessel with water. This prevents the chocolate from burning)
7. Switch off stove and remove the chocolate vessel.
8. Dip the cake balls in the chocolate and arrange them on a plate lined with butter paper.
9. Keep the plate in the fridge for 5 minutes.
10. Delicious cake balls are ready.
|Grease the cake tin with butter|
|Dust it with maida|
|Fill it with cake batter|
|Bake at 180`C for 20 minutes|
|Cool on wire rack|
|Break it to small pieces|
|Powder it in a mixer grinder|
|Add butter cream|
|Melt chocolate compound in a double boiler|
|Drop the cold ball in the melted chocolate|
|Use a fork to coat the ball evenly|
|Tap excess chocolate|
|Arrange the cake balls on butter paper and keep it in fridge for 5 minutes|
|Ready to eat|